Volunteer Web Consulting for Nonprofits
Do you know a nonprofit organization that needs web consulting?
We provide free and low-cost nonprofit web consulting to 501(c)3 organizations.
What Do You Need?
Here are some of the areas we have helped nonprofits and perhaps can help yo.
- Staff Training: teaching directors and employees how the Internet can help
- Social networking: creating a web page on Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, OpenSocial
- Outreach communication: developing email lists, blog journals, RSS feeds, wiki documents
- Website compatibility: optimizing your pages for multiple browsers and mobile phones
- Converting data: from a spreadsheet to a database, from a brochure to web page, etc.
- Security: how to encrypt, decrypt, store and delete confidential information
What To Expect?
Our experience with nonprofits has led to three suggestions that can help us succeed together.
- The #1 way to succeed is to get all the decision makers involved from the start.
- Some web projects are easy, some are complex. It's best to begin with the easy ones.
- We recommend making web site changes gradually over time, rather than all at once.
How To Apply?
To apply, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following:
- What your organization needs and wants for web consulting
- How you found out about us and our nonprofit consulting
- Your contact information, including your phone number
- Three good times for you to have a first phone call with us
- Anything else you want to share about yourself, your project, and your nonprofit